Becoming part of the prestigious and professional Western Sydney Business Connection could be the smartest investment you and your company make in 2013.
The Western Sydney Business Connection (The Connection) is a business to business networking and development organisation and was first established in 1985. With strong Business Services roots, The Connection now represents a cross section of the 75,000 businesses in the Greater Western Sydney region. The Western Sydney Business Connection includes:
The Western Sydney Business Connection
The Western Sydney Manufacturers Connection
Together, they form the largest independent not-for-profit group of business associations and regional development organisations in Western Sydney. The Connection is totally self funded by membership, sponsorship and its many business events, which allows the Connection to be totally member focused.
The group’s role ranges from business networking, the promotion of Western Sydney and investment attraction for Western Sydney, developing young business leaders, and growing business opportunities with key Asian countries.
Our members are business leaders, politicians and Local, State Federal Government representatives interested in - growing their business, developing business with Asia, encouraging young business leaders and the growth and development of the Western Sydney region.
The Connection’s objectives are:
- To serve as a networking centre for our members and to develop their business connection opportunities.
- To provide resources, research and communications channels for our members prosperity and growth.
- To promote economic growth, viability and livability in Western Sydney.
- To ensure The Connection remains a prosperous and desirable not-for-profit organisation dedicated to servicing its members.
Benefits of becoming a Member of The Connection
Networking and building strong business relationships
- The Connection can help you build a strong business network in Western Sydney.
- Building strong business relationships is an important business skill in today’s business environment.
- Being a member of the Connection will assist in developing your business and personal networking skills leading to increased business and career resiliency.
Promote your products and Services
- Being a member of the Western Sydney Business Connection is one of the most cost effective ways to promote your business.
- The Connection will, on your behalf, email any information that you would like other members to know about.
- There are also sponsorship opportunities available to members. Sponsor’s products and services are promoted at events and this is an effective way of building any company brand.
Improve your decision making
- It’s lonely at the top. With the numerous Connection events and regular Round Table Discussion Groups on business related topics and issues, you will be able to discuss your issues and ideas with other like minded people.
Professional and Personal Growth
- Being a member of the Connection will help increase your knowledge on Western Sydney, Asia, and business generally.
- It’s also an ideal forum to learn about other relevant businesses, potential customers or suppliers – and issues that may impact on your business’s operation.
You only need one membership
- The Connection conducts over 30 events a year ranging from large business luncheons and dinners, business briefings, corporate golf day, Asian business briefings to roundtable discussion groups and company/organisational site visits.
- The Connection has the potential to meet all your networking needs. By being a member of the Connection, you won’t need to belong to other organisations.
Provides you with Business Intelligence
- Belonging to the Connection and its unique networks can allow you access to information that can be time consuming or difficult to obtain.
Reduce your operational Costs
- Organising customers, suppliers or staff events can be expensive and requires a great deal of time and specific expertise. By dovetailing your requirements in with the Connection, the Connection can form a strategic part of your business relationship strategy.
Other services include
- The Connection will provide you with informal introductions to other members and members have preferential seating at luncheons and dinners.
- Members receive two complimentary seats to each of the five major events and membership is tax deductible. FBT is not payable on memberships.
In summary Membership of the Connection can play an important part in your business strategy and can:
Act as a catalyst to increase your business activity.
Help you meet potential new contacts.
Help you build a valuable network of business contacts and will allow you to share ideas and issues with other senior business people.
Help you to build relationships with valuable clients, suppliers, and business partners.
Provide access to decision-makers in key business, political and community networks.
Promote your services and products to members and the wider Western Sydney network.
Provide you with a regular member’s eNewsletters.
Provide the opportunity to network with and gain information about Australia’s key Asian trading countries and meet with consulate representatives
Provide an opportunity for you to be part of Western Sydney Investment Attraction programs.
Help you with the development of your young up and coming key business leaders.
Maintain a database of businesses and activities in the Greater West, and
Assist in providing business information about Western Sydney to members that might otherwise be difficult or time-consuming to obtain.
The Connection Business Events Program
Connection events provide vital business information relevant to the operation of your company and are attended regularly by more that 200 leading CEO’s, Managing Directors and General Managers. The Connection conducts over 30 events per year that typically include the following schedule:
- Lunar New Year Dinner Sponsored by Parramatta City Council
- Five major events - Business Leader and State of the Region Luncheons for Western Sydney – Events Sponsors (WSBC Event Sponsors)
- Federal Budget Briefing
- Connection Classic Golf Day
- Round Table Discussion Groups – topic/issue specific
- Company/organisation Site Visits – Key learning about Western Sydney and Key Western Sydney Organisations
- Briefings/Workshops on key career and development issues for young business leaders
- Country specific Briefings on key Asian trading nations
- Western Sydney promotional activity – investment tours, coordination of the marketing of Western Sydney
- Hosting international Trade Mission
- Awarding of the Sydney Graduate School of Management Scholarship
Please refer to our Events timetable of past and planned events.