The MC membership includes significant benefits including:
- Two complimentary seats at the five major Connection events and membership rates at other events
- Member business articles in the Connection bi-monthly eNewsletter to WS Stakeholders (Database exceeds 4,000 contacts)
- Invitations to ‘member only’ events
- Preferential seating at events
- Introductions to other members
- Listings in Printed and Web Directories
- Invitations to meet with Board and Sponsors at New Member Sponsor Morning Teas (3-4 per year)
- Company information distributed to members on request
- Link, logo profile on www.wsbc.org.au
- Referrals to WSBC members
- Certificate with membership level
Improved Business Practice for manufacturers by providing a forum for:
- Manufacturing issues discussed with fellow manufacturers. Discuss innovative ways to improve business performance;
- CEO’s and executive level managers of manufacturing organizations network and interact on formal and informal basis to discuss strategic and operational issues in Western Sydney, nationally and globally;
- functional managers meet to learn from each other and discuss issues and ideas that affect their area of responsibility;
- improved understanding of government policy, the environment and sustainability at the local level;
- discussion of the latest innovation and technology, what works well, efficiency gains and effective implementation strategies;
- site visits to manufacturing locations as part of the round table format, allowing participants to learn from leaders in the field. i.e. learn manufacturing; and
- interactive web based discussion board – where participants ask question and give advice and exchange ideas.
Commercial Business Development through:
- Cluster engagement with other manufacturers and their decision makers. A recent example was the NSW Government funding for Sustainable Manufacturing Futures.
- Membership and access to three progressive Western Sydney based organizations.
- Business matching and referral network, both formal and informal.
- Business to Business networking, and discussion groups.
- Opportunity to participate in key manufacturing projects, for example the Australian Research Council funded project with UNSW Life Cycle Manufacturing Project.
Skills Development through:
- Specialist topic groups i.e. Lean Manufacturing or OHS discussion group.
- Learning from leading world class manufacturers.
- A focus on environment, sustainability and improving green skills implementation.
Economic Development Outcomes through:
- Doing business in Western Sydney, in preference to outside the region.
- Keeping business in Western Sydney (reduce leakage) through joint contract tendering and actively looking to supporting industry within the Region.
- Stronger viable businesses, increased production, keeping high skilled jobs in Western Sydney.
- Being an organized cluster, the group is able to develop information sessions that impact on manufacturing. i.e. skills of the future, talent programs, future issues.
- Being a representative voice for manufacturers in the Western Sydney.
- Promotion of Western Sydney as a manufacturing centre and preferred place for investment.
- Increasing the focus on environmental and sustainable best practice and the favourable impact on Western Sydney.
- Engagement of members in projects and programs is through alliance partners.
Improved Business Outcomes through:
- Increased efficiencies in business operations, inc. reduced costs of inputs and growth in outputs and profitability.
- Sustainable businesses are able to remain competitive in the global setting.
- Increased employment and training outcomes for local employees
- Continued capital growth and high R.O.I. for the region.
In summary Membership of the Manufacturers Connection can play an important part in your business strategy and can help to:
- Improve your business practices
- Improve key personnel skills development
- Meet potential new business contacts
- Promote your products to the wider Western Sydney network
- Provide access to decision makers in key business, political and community networks
- Provide information about key Asian Trading Partners
- Provide a network for the development of your young up and coming business leaders
- Build your professional network with many Western Sydney businesses.
- Involve you in key Economic Development Outcomes for Western Sydney