Is your organisation utilising its assets for the best commercial gain?
Presenting keynote address from Panthers Group CEO Warren Wilson and renowned Executive General Manager, Football, Phil ‘Gus’ Gould, who will share with you the remarkable Panthers’ business transformation story that saved the organisation from the brink of insolvency less than 2 years ago.
Learn first-hand from the chief protagonists the key drivers behind the change, how to identify which areas of your organisation need improvement along with further insights into forging strategic alliances to remain a sustainable business in Western Sydney.
The event will provide a platform for you to learn some great lessons that you can apply to your business including:
- Values of a simplified management structure and the results it delivers
- How to clear your debt (or stay out of debt)
- Ways in which you can reap the most benefits for your business by working more closely with local councils, state governments and the community
- How do you utilise the sporting disciplines that transcend into business and provide a benchmark business model for other sporting organisations
Our speakers will discuss in detail the business transformation journey by addressing:
- The drivers behind the change – What was the situation analysis and how did they identify elements in need of change?
- Initiatives and risks undertaken – What was the level of risk with each initiative and how did they work to minimise these risks?
- Essential resources and support required – Once identified, how did they procure the right resources and who provided the level of support needed?
- Future steps – what are the forecasted steps crucial for the maintenance and growth of this success?
Panthers CEO, Warren Wilson, has successfully combined his love of rugby league with a distinguished career in business. From humble beginnings as treasurer of his local football club, Warren’s passion for business was born almost 30 years ago, when he became one of the team which acquired the land that now houses St. Mary’s Leagues Club. He went on to become the CEO of respected organisations Sky Channel and the TAB, before joining the Penrith Panthers Leagues Club in March 2012. Warren’s focus at the helm of Panthers is turning negatives into positives, and leading the evolution of the club he is so passionate about into the powerhouse he believes it should be.
Phil 'Gus' Gould
Panthers Executive General Manager and Channel 9 Commentator, Phil is also a Journalist with The Sydney Morning Herald. Along with his involvement in the administration of Rugby League, Phil has long been involved with Coaching and playing. He was the Director of Coaching for the Sydney Roosters from 2003 -2005, the New South Wales - State of Origin Coach for 1992-1996 and then again in 2002-2004, the Premiership winning Coach of the Penrith Panthers from 1990 – 1994, played for the Panthers between 1976-1986 and Captained the Panthers in 1979. Phil has been a Guest Motivational Speaker for several years speaking to many organisations including sporting bodies, the New South Wales Police, Education facilities along with many Hospitals, Businesses and Charities. Phil is a proud Board Member of Panthers on the Prowl and is also working with the Papua New Guinea Government to advise on programs that utilise Rugby League to unite the nation of some 800 tribes and languages for better education and life prospects. Phil is a proud Supporter of the following charities: Panthers on the Prowl, Panthers Women in League, Randwick Children's Hospital, St Gabriel's School for Hearing Impaired Children, Trees of Hope Foundation, Brave Hearts Child Protection and the McGrath Foundation. Phil is an Ambassador for the White Ribbon Foundation.
For event partner opportunities and to gain maximum exposure, credibility and lead generation for your business contact us or learn more here.