Registrations have now closed
Thank you for your interest in attending the ‘Research + Industry – Collaborating for Growth’ Business Leader Luncheon on Thursday 6th November. Registrations have now closed for this event. For further assistance please contact the WSBC events department on:
Ph: 8896 6045
Research + Industry – Collaborating for Growth
“Too few Australian businesses and manufacturers tap into our scientific and research resources to solve a problem, enhance their productivity or reach into new markets."
The Hon Ian Macfarlane, MP Minister for Industry
Australia currently ranks last in the OECD countries on industry and research collaboration. For SME businesses the biggest hurdle can be finding and accessing the right institution to help understand and support their R&D needs.
So how are WSBC and UWS supporting businesses to build their capabilities and enhance their competitive edge?
Prof. Scott Holmes, Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research & Development, UWS, will discuss the key benefits for Western Sydney businesses in tapping into the research resources available at UWS for increased competitiveness, profitable growth and improved commercialisation outcomes for YOUR business.
He will discuss and demonstrate:
- the need for collaboration between business, government and the research community
- the use of evidenced-based collaborative research to identify, develop and implement innovative - 'game changing' business, manufacturing and industry practices
- examples of Internationalisation, drawing on Western Sydney's emerging innovative and research-driven business practices - plus its record infrastructure investment - to optimise its market advantages on an international scale.
Understand how your business can achieve the following:
- develop new ideas, products and markets
- reduce your research costs by accessing government assistance
- access to the latest knowledge, technology and equipment
- access to skilled and work-ready researchers
- gain access to national and international knowledge networks.
Exclusive Money Saving Offer For WSBC Members At This Event!
What’s your business story? Develop a video clip with WSBC Platinum Partner XVenture.
Using digital media to tell your story, to promote your products or services is now an essential part of your marketing strategy. In partnership with WSBC, XVenture is pleased to present this exclusive offer to WSBC members.
Saving you $1,300, the production team of WSBC Platinum Partner XVenture will develop a powerful video clip demonstrating what makes your product or service unique and different.
For only $1,200 + GST* a 60-90 second clip will be delivered in a format suitable for your website and/or social media environment.**
In order to take advantage of this exclusive offer, you need to pre-book a 15 minute time slot with XVenture in the hour following the WSBC Research + Industry Business Leader Luncheon.
There are only 4 time slots available, so hurry to secure your place now.
Please contact email@example.com or call 9415 1112 to book or get further information.
* ($2,500 + GST for non-WSBC members)
** You can also discuss ‘upgrading’ the above package into a ‘business story’/ documentary about your business for an additional fee.