** REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED **
Thank you for your interest in attending this event. Registrations have now closed. For further assistance please contact the WSBC Events department on:
Ph: 8896 6045
"Management & technical skills in short supply in Western Sydney".
How will this affect your business?
The success of major infrastructure plans, new health precincts, the Western Sydney airport AND YOUR business hinges on a ready supply of skilled workers – particularly if Western Sydney businesses are going to benefit or be part of these opportunities.
How can YOU prepare your business for the future?
Over the past year TAFE WSI and WSBC have conducted research into the future skills needs for Greater Western Sydney. In this forum our keynote speakers and panel will discuss the highlights of this research and how it is affecting Western Sydney businesses.
Addressing the skills shortages highlights include:
- Management & technical skills in short supply
- Recruitment & training solutions
- Regular review of training packages
- More emphasis on STEM skills and vocational education
- Rethinking employment criteria and transferable skills
- Blended solutions for IT
- Flexible & relevant training for automotive and logistics
- Pathways for managers in construction
- A cooperative approach between industry, government and education
Our speakers include:
- Duncan Ellis, Director, National Commercial Business Unit, TAFE WSi
- Major General Iain Spence, CSC, RFD, Defence Reserves Support, Head of Cadet, Reserve and Employer Support Division
- Stephen Jenkins, Chairman MatthewsFolbigg Lawyers
The annual GWS Employment Forum is an ideal opportunity for you to connect and engage with like-minded business owners and advisors to discuss the latest employment challenges facing Western Sydney and the proposed solutions or pathways for businesses in the region.
Book now to secure your seat.
With all five Business Leader Luncheon's of 2015 sold out, WSBC helped 624 businesses connect with over 2200 business professionals in 2015 and opened up opportunities for our guests to:
- Share their ideas and expand their knowledge
- Increase their organisations visibility and profile
- Build connections and relationships with key influencers
- Generate leads
- Stay current on trends in their target market
Here’s how we can assist YOU with your networking & business development at this event.
1. You can entertain your clients or prospects by hosting your own table*. Ask us about our special rates when booking a table of 10.
2. You can choose which companies* you would like to sit with for targeted client engagement
3. Our colour coded badge system facilitates networking and makes it less daunting by easily identifying the industry groups you need to connect with.
* Available to Gold Members and Platinum Partners only
Members Please Note: This is a paid event and is not part of your complimentary seat allocation.
$5.00 from every ticket sold at this event goes to the WSBC Charity Partner Program, raising funds for our 6 Charity Partners: CareFlight, Parramatta Mission, Northcott Disability Services, Westmead Medical Research Foundation, Kids West, Ronald McDonald House (Westmead)
Click here for Event Terms & Conditions