On 1 July 2017 changes came into force on the Retail Leases Act 1994 (NSW) after a 13 year period without amendments.
Hall & Wilcox is pleased to invite you to a seminar focusing on the changes within the Retail Leases Act. The presentation will discuss:
- changes to requirements regarding Lessor's disclosure statements
- the importance of accurate estimation of outgoings and consequences of failing to do so
- consequences of failure to provide a disclosure statement that is complete, accurate and not misleading
- removal of the five year minimum term requirement
- new time periods for registering leases and returning bank guarantees
- removal of certain types of premises from the application of the Act
- removal of the right to recover mortgagee consent fees from tenants and various other changes to the Act.
Katrina Reye, Partner will give an overview on these changes and what you need to do to comply andMaurice Doria, Special Counsel will provide an overview on developing projects in the region.
There will be ample opportunity to contribute to the discussion, to learn how others are approaching these changes, and to network with peers.
Date & Time: Tuesday 8 August 2017, 3:30pm - 5:00pm
Venue: Parkroyal Parramatta, 30 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150
For further information contact
Sarah Porter, BD & Events Coordinator
P: 8267 3815